Bem Vindo! (Welcome)
List of Airports in Portugal:
|4||Cristiano Ronaldo International Airport||FNC||Madeira||2,728,229||6,3%||24,417||0,5%|
|5||Ponta Delgada Airport||PDL||Ponta Delgada||1,265,792||29,4%||6,724||15,1%|
Lisbon Airport, located at Portela on the North-east side of the city is also known as Humberto Delgado Airport (IATA: LIS, ICAO: LPPT) and Portela Airport, and is an international airport located 7km from the city centre of Lisbon, the capital of Portugal. In Portuguese, it is referred to as Aeroporto de Lisboa, Aeroporto da Portela, or Aeroporto da Portela de Sacavém. It takes its name from the neighbouring parish (freguesia) of Portela in Loures Municipality, formerly known as Portela de Sacavém.
Lisbon Airport is home to TAP Portugal and hub for Easyjet and Ryanair.
From the Airport to the city centre can be done by various means:
- Taxis (Black cars with a green roof or Yellow cars)
- Airport Buses
- On foot (1 km to the nearest train- or metro station)
– Taxis are fairly cheap, a good option early morning or late night or in cases comfort in an issue or consideration.
– Metro brings you via de Red line to the city centre and crosses the green line at Alameda, the Yellow line at Saldanha and ends up on the blue line at San Sebastião, thus providing all the connections you could possibly need inside of Lisbon.At San Sebastião the metro is inside shopping centre El Corte Inglês, the ideal location for some last minute specific shopping.
– Aero Bus will take you to the city centre in 2 similar ways, one heading South first to Martim Moniz; the other heading West first to Entrecampos and Saldanha… and can be considered your first tourist tour of the city.