Switch off Wireless
Here’s some info on wireless routers that allow downplaying of the signal:
In case anyone with ES has to have Wifi in their home, I’ve found a Firmware that can reduce the EMF significantly.
It’s called Tomato. It can be downloaded here,
It works on certain router models(Linux Based).
The list is here:
Be careful flashing the firmware, you must pick the correct one for your router. Picking the incorrect one will break the router permanently. If you don’t know what you’re doing, hire a pro to do it for you.
Once you have it installed, you can reduce “TX Power” under the Wireless menu, to reduce emissions. It lowers the range of the router as well though. Typically it can be cut in half without problems unless your home is very big.
The firmware also allows Wifi to be turned off automatically between certain hours under the “Access Restrictions” menu.
And finally, the “Beacon Interval” can be set to 1000 or 2000ms, so in standby, it will only emit one pulse per second or per two seconds, instead of 10 pulses per second which is the default. This alone reduces radiation by 90%+ when in standby.
Here is a video of a router using this firmware and EMF measurements from it:
First phase to switch off Wireless:
Inspect the modem /router for the default User name or User-ID / Password. It should be written on the back or bottom side. Note it down somewhere. Ask the client / owner for the User-Id / Password in case they changed it. Or check this list of default User names / password…
Go to a connected computer and find the IP address of the router or modem and enter it in a browser window:
- Click the Windows Start button, type “cmd” in the Search box and press “Enter” to open the Command Prompt.
- Type “ipconfig /all” in the Command Prompt and press “Enter” to run the command.
- Locate the “Default Gateway” line. The IP listed on the Default Gateway line is the IP address of your modem.
- Type the found IP address in your browser.
- A new screen will appear asking you to enter the user-id and password.
- Type the user-id/ User name and password.
From here on it depends a bit on the modem / router you are using, but in general
- Go to the tab Local Network / Wireless
- Remove the check at “wireless enabled”or Radio On.
- Click Apply or OK or enter…
Country Specific info:
Device: Hitron Technologies BVW-3653 Zon-F Username = Home, password = zonnet
- Go to the tab Local Network
- Remove the check at “wireless enabled”
- Click “Apply”.