Switch off Wireless
Inspect the modem /router for the default User name or User-ID / Password. It should be written on the back or bottom side. Note it down somewhere. Ask the client / owner for the User-Id / Password in case they changed it. Or check this list of default User names / password…
Go to a connected computer and find the IP address of the router or modem and enter it in a browser window:
- Click the Windows Start button, type “cmd” in the Search box and press “Enter” to open the Command Prompt.
- Type “ipconfig /all” in the Command Prompt and press “Enter” to run the command.
- Locate the “Default Gateway” line. The IP listed on the Default Gateway line is the IP address of your modem.
- Type the found IP address in your browser.
- A new screen will appear asking you to enter the user-id and password.
- Type the user-id/ User name and password.
From here on it depends a bit on the modem / router you are using, but in general
- Go to the tab Local Network / Wireless
- Remove the check at “wireless enabled”or Radio On.
- Click Apply or OK or enter…
Country Specific info:
Device: Hitron Technologies BVW-3653 Zon-F Username = Home, password = zonnet
- Go to the tab Local Network
- Remove the check at “wireless enabled”
- Click “Apply”.